Double Chin Exercise
This is an easy, yet effective double chin exercise. Chin exercises are just the beginning of getting rid of your double chin.
~ Simple, Yet Effective ~
Guess what? Your neck is just another handy little place for your body to store ugly, unwanted body fat. So that excess skin or little pouch under your
chin is really due to "extra" fat layered right under your skin. Not cute!
Just like with any other muscle in your body, you'll have to stay consistent to see results. Exercises for double chin work just like
any other area in your body.
The chin and jaw are made up of muscles, just like the rest of your body. If it's not used, these muscles can become loose and
saggy...add that to layers of fat and say hello to a double chin!
Just as you move your arms or legs to tone them up, the same goes for your neck. Your neck also needs movement to keep it tight and smooth.
Getting older and gaining weight are the main culprits of a double chin.
How Do You Get Rid of a Double
The answer is quite simple. You HAVE to lose some weight. That's right, since the cause of your double chin is due to layered fat, you need to get rid of this
extra fat. Makes sense doesn't it?
On top of losing weight, you'll need to tone up the muscle in your neck so you can keep the skin tight. The muscle we're talking about is
called the Platysma muscle. This muscle covers your neck from around your lower jaw in your chin, down to your clavicle.
Just by opening and closing your mouth, or moving your head up and down, you're working your platysma muscle. Chewing gum or eating beef jerky are some natural ways of working this muscle.
Have you ever noticed that when you haven't chewed gum in a while, and then you chew some your jaw gets sore the next day? That's because you're working a muscle that normally doesn't get worked.
Double Chin Exercise...Bye-Bye Gobble Neck!
As I said earlier, stay consistent and make it a habit to work your whole neck. Nothing too strenuous here. Besides, your neck supports the
heaviest part of your body...your head!
Stretching your neck will not only firm up your neck, but it will also make your
neck stronger (this is where a lot of tension can sit). Also, since your neck is made for movement, keeping a good range of movement is
essential for a healthy neck.
Bottoms (Lip) Up
- Stand or sit comfortably looking forward.
- Relax your shoulders and reach your fingers to the ground.
- Place your lower lip over your upper lip (this will give a deeper stretch).
- Slowly and gently look up towards the ceiling.
- Tilt your head back as far as comfortable and feel the stretch in your neck.
- Holding this position, release your lower lip for a second, then place it back over your upper lip.
- Do this a few times then return to the starting position, then repeat.
- You should feel a great stretch in the front of your neck, right where your double chin sits.
- You can start with 2-3 reps and build up from there. Try doing this in the morning and night.
- IMPORTANT! Do NOT strain your neck. Keep the moves easy and gentle. Listen to your body, if you feel pain
then obviously stop.
Doing this exercise/stretch will strengthen and tone the front of your neck, the area that you want to tighten up. Don't forget that in order to get rid of the fat under your chin, you need to also lose fat.
Incorporate a healthy diet along with double chin exercises and you'll be well on
Return from Double Chin Exercise to Face Exercises
Return from Double Chin Exercise to Kick Into Fitness home page